LA Dance Film Festival to debut
The new Los Angeles Dance Film Festival has announced the lineup and event details for its inaugural screening. The festival will feature a diverse range of fictional and non-fictional short dance films from filmmakers from around the world, as well as local filmmakers.
Founded by Alexa Roman and Betsy Uhler Colombo, the LA Dance Film Fest seeks to create opportunities and offer exposure for dance films with a goal to “unite the Los Angeles dance and film communities.”
The inaugural screening will be held on Thursday, January 26 from 7:30-10 pm at the Los Feliz 3 Theatre in East Los Angeles. Tickets are $20 and are available now at ladancefilmfest.ticketleap.com/2017.
See the full film lineup below. For more information, visit www.ladancefilmfest.org.
- and so do I – dir. Jana Younes, Lebanon, 2016 (14 min.)
- Capoeira – Live the Game – dir. Eric Joddy Matthews, USA, 2016 (4 min.)
- Cold Storage – dir. Thomas Freundlich, Finland, 2016 (9 min.)
- Confrontation – dir. Shannon Janet Smith, Los Angeles, 2016 (5 min.)
- Diamond Linda – dir. Jennie Liu, Los Angeles, 2016 (13 min.)
- Farther Up the Road – dir. Mark Orsborn & Jen Ray, USA, 2016 (3 min.)
- For all my pacing, I do not move. – dir. Nicola Collie, USA, 2016 (3 min.)
- GIMP GAIT – dir. Pioneer Winter, USA, 2016 (5 min.)
- In the Pines – dir. Elliott Geolat, USA, 2015 (11 min.)
- Invisible Point. – dir. Tanin Torabi, Iran, 2016 (5 min.)
- Songs of the Underworld – dir. Nicola Hepp, Netherlands, 2016 (6 min.)
- Swimminghole – dir. Sarah Friedland, USA, 2016 (4 min.)
- Vagalume – dir. Alois Di Leo, Brazil, 2016 (2 min.)
- Where Are You Now – dir. Steven Diaz, Ashton Frederick, & Frank Soares, Japan, 2015 (2 min.)
Photo: A still from the short film “Where Are You Now.” Photo courtesy of the LA Dance Film Fest.